So, if you’ve followed me for any time, you know I am OBSESSED with Buffalo anything. Buffalo Wings, Buffalo Blue Cheese….I mean, people…I wanna sing “Buffalo Gals” right about now.
So, since the new cookbook is all about all things Blue Cheese what better to start with than a cocktail! Let’s take a riff on the traditional Bloody Mary and jazz it up with some Buffalo! And, since we are all about Blue Cheese, there’s nothing better than Blue Cheese Stuffed Olives! Finally, garnish with some Celery Stalks because, after all, no “buffalo” meal is complete with some element of celery…
Buffalo Bloody Mary with Blue Cheese Stuffed Olives
For those of you who love the flavors of Buffalo Chicken, here's a beverage based on that vibe!
Servings: 4 drinks
- 2 cups Your Favorite Bloody Mary Mix
- 1 cup Vodka
- 1/4 cup Your Favorite Hot Pepper Sauce (i.e. Texas Pete, Frank's Red Hot, Buffalo Wild Wings)
- 4 slices Thick cut pepper bacon
- 12 Pitted Green Olives
- 1/4 cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
- 4 Celery Stalks with leaves for garnish
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Cook bacon until crisp, weighing down or pressing during cooking to keep from curling. Set on paper towel to drain and cool.
- Using a very small spoon, stuff green olives with crumbled blue cheese. Thred three onto each of four cocktail picks or decorative skewers.
- Fill four tall glasses with ice. Combine Bloody Mary mix and Vodka in a pitcher. Add Red Hot sauce and stir.
- To make the proper Bloody Mary, fill a cocktail shaker with ice, pour a serving of mix into shaker and shake vigorously for a minute until mixture is well chilled. If desired, add more Frank's Red Hot Sauce. Strain the shaker, pouring the mix over the ice in the glasses.
- Garnish each drink with a bacon slice, celery stalk and top with the olive skewer. Add a lime wedge to the glass as a final touch. Cheers!
You can actually go wild with the garnishes for this drink...use pickled green beans (mild or spicy), cooked jumbo shrimp or a crab claw. Since some folks have been topping their Bloody with a beef slider, why not expand on the Buffalo Chicken theme and add a skewer of boneless Buffalo chicken! The options are endless!